FEDERAL ENERGY REGULATORY COMMISSION
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulates and oversees energy industries for the economic, environmental and safety interests of the American public. As part of FERC's policy and compliance initiative Summit provided Information Assurance Policy Support to FERC's security team to ensure adherence to the Federal guidelines established by NIST 800 series, OMB circulars, FISMA, the Computer Security Act and the Privacy Act.
As a sub-contractor to General Dynamics, Summit assisted FERC meeting Information Assurance Regulatory Compliance by providing the following services:
- Auditing Security Policies, Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Analyzing Policy with Federal Guidelines for Compliance Deficiencies
- Creating and Administering Improved Security Policy and Procedures
- Creating an Information Technology Security Manual as a base for Initiating a Security Program "Refresh"
- Recommending and Drafting Pertinent Policies to meet OMB and FISMA Compliance
- Performing a NIST SP 800-100 Gap Analysis
- Structuring Roles and Responsibilities to Standardize FERC's Security Plan
- Creating an Employee Security Handbook that Promotes User Community Security Awareness